We will use your personal information for the purpose it was collected, to help you make a difference, and to tell you about how your support is helping vulnerable children, families and communities.
Common situations in which we use or disclose your personal information include:
- To provide, administer, improve and personalise our communications to you (including direct and digital marketing).
- To engage, and manage our relationship, with you. For example, to:
- process your donations or payments, manage promotions and provide refunds;
- send you newsletters that you have subscribed to;
- fulfill requests to change your details;
- tell you about our work including via email, post, phone, SMS, Facebook message or other social media platforms;
- verify your identity;
- maintain and update our records;
- address your service enquiries and work with our service providers; and
- record the personal experiences you share with us to better serve you next time.
- To help you and others to learn more about poverty and justice issues and opportunities to partner with us – so you can make a difference for vulnerable children.
- To conduct market research and analysis, including by sharing limited information (such as your name and address, not financial information) with third party specialists acting on our behalf. These activities improve the way in which we engage with you as a supporter and help to provide you and others with relevant opportunities to support our work.
- When recording your communications with us for security, dispute resolution and training purposes.
- To give to a third party for a specific purpose, eg. when you need a criminal record check so you can visit a World Vision-supported community, or when third parties act on behalf of World Vision Australia to provide a specialist service which helps us to operate more efficiently.
- If you have indicated that you intend to leave us a bequest or have requested information or otherwise enquired into how you can support World Vision Australia through your Will, we will use your information to ensure your wishes can be honoured.
- World Vision Australia takes the protection of vulnerable children and adults seriously. If you engage with children via child sponsorship or participate in field visits, we will use your information in keeping with community expectations and best practices relating to child protection.
- To other third parties as required or authorised by law.
Where we tell you about opportunities with partner organisations, we will not give your information to them; it will be up to you to contact them directly.
You can set your own preferences for how you want to hear from us by contacting our Supporter Experience Team or through your My World Vision online account.
Importantly, we never rent, sell, or exchange your personal information without your consent.