The Australia Program has a dedicated team of personnel, including leaders and technical advisers, who are highly experienced in community development. Leveraging both World Vision's international reach and the depth of experience shared by our program team, we aim to support effective, locally-driven development by Indigenous Australians.
Our work is recognised by both state and federal governments, which have appointed us among the preferred service providers for:
- Participatory Planning, Research, Evaluation & Training Panel, Department of Prime Minister & Cabinet
- OCHRE Panel specialising in Aboriginal community capacity strengthening (NSW Government plan for Aboriginal affairs)
Our capability includes:
- Program design, monitoring & evaluation
- Organisational planning
- Participatory community planning (including with children & youth)
- Community development methodologies & tools (training)
- Mentoring, coaching & knowledge transfer
- Skills audits & resource development
- Advocacy support
- Stakeholder & community engagement
- Maternal, newborn & child health support
- Early childhood care & development support
- Youth leadership & development support
- Governance & leadership development support.
The Australia Program also engages consultants as needed, including a number of consultants through our university associations. We have developed a range of tools and training resources, which can be adapted to suit individual community needs and organisational contexts.
Find out more about our current projects in Australia.