Typically, we might ask for your name, address, telephone number, email, payment card details and date of birth. We also use “cookies” to track visits to our website; you can usually disable cookies in your internet browser settings.
You can find out more about cookies by looking at our Website Rules.
We collect information about you from you and with your knowledge where we can. You might:
- fill out a form online, at one of our stands or sent to you in the mail
- complete a survey or petition
- contact us by email or social media
- call us
- send us photos or recordings.
We need certain information to meet your expectations as a supporter; we can’t give you a tax receipt or send you information about your sponsored child if we don’t have your name and address.
We take special care with your payment card details as we must under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
If you apply to work with us (including as a volunteer) then we will collect information (such as your work experience and references) so that we can make a decision about this.
Sometimes we might have photos or stories about you if you have visited your sponsored child or gone to one of our events.
Sometimes we might collect your information from someone else:
- from mum or dad if you are under 15
- where we buy a marketing list you have agreed to be on.
Sometimes we might ask you for sensitive information:
- we are very careful about who visits children in the communities we partner with, so will ask you for a criminal record check
- we are curious about what makes you passionate about poverty and justice issues; like your faith, your values or your opinions, as this helps us communicate with you better.
World Vision works with a third party aggregator which allows supporters to text in a response to advertisements delivered across marketing channels to show their support for causes around the world. 1999 8888 cost is $0.25/sent msg and $0.00/msg received. This is not a subscription service, however you may be kept up to date with communication - to opt out simply text STOP to 1999 8888 or call us on 13 32 40.