We collect and store your name, address, telephone number, email, payment card details (including transaction details/history), date of birth, authorisations, records of your communication and interaction with us and details/history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to products, services and activity with our digital services. Typically, we collect these types of information directly from you. We may also collect these types of information about you where the information is publicly available. For example, we collect information from third parties or other organisations that World Vision Australia has an arrangement with to provide joint services for marketing purposes. In some circumstances, such as if you participate in a field trip through us, we may collect sensitive information (such as your health or medical information) so we can prepare appropriately for the trip.
We also use “cookies” to track visits to our website, social media profiles and your interaction with our digital services such as emails. A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer by our web server which can later be retrieved by our web servers. You can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser.
Cookies are used for marketing and personalisation purposes, to provide you with a better and more customised service and with a more effective digital experience. They may do this by:
- allocating an identification number to your Internet browser;
- determining if you have previously visited the World Vision website;
- identifying pages on our website or third party websites you have accessed.
World Vision Australia may collect information about how you use our digital services to tailor our services to you. For example, we may do this when you click on a link on our emails or website, visit a website which displays World Vision advertisement, or engage with us online via social media platforms like Facebook. Usually the information we collect in this way is only general information derived from cookies, however some information may be able to identify you.
- the server your computer is logged onto;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of our marketing efforts.
We collect information about you when you:
fill out a form online, at one of our stands or sent to you in the mail;
- complete a survey, pledge or petition;
- contact us by email or social media;
- call us;
- send us photos or recordings;
- make a donation online, over the phone or at one of our stands;
- go on an field trip with us (e.g. visiting your sponsor child or a project area);
- register for services, including services provided by our partners; and/or
- use our digital services or those of our advertising partners (like Facebook).
We need certain information to meet your expectations as a supporter; we can’t give you a tax receipt or send you information about your sponsored child, community or program if we don’t have your name, email and address. If you apply to work with us (including as a volunteer) then we will collect information (such as your work experience and references) so that we can make a decision about this.
Sometimes we might have photos or stories about you if you have visited your sponsored child or gone to one of our events.
Sometimes we might collect your information from someone else:
1. from parents or guardians if you are under 15; and
2. where we buy a marketing list you have agreed to be on.
Sometimes we might collect and/or ask you for sensitive information because:
- we are very careful about who visits children in the communities we partner with, so will ask you for a criminal record check; and
- we are curious about what makes you passionate about poverty and justice issues; like your faith, your values or your opinions, as this helps us communicate with you better.
To opt out, call us on 13 32 40.