A passion for changing lives
Professionals, students, retirees and the general public … World Vision volunteers come from all walks of life, yet they share one common goal: a passion for improving the lives of the world's poorest people.
For the past three years World Vision Australia has had over 1,800 volunteers around Australia contribute their time, skills and expertise at all levels of our organisation. This contribution was valued over $1,800,000 annually which translates to sponsorship of over 3,000 children for a whole year.
How you might ask? Well because of the generosity from those who have volunteered their time, World Vision Australia has minimised expenses which has allowed for more money to be sent to the field.
There's something special about getting involved with World Vision.
"Our volunteers are the lifeblood of the organisation."
Tim Costello, World Vision Australia Chief Executive
Why people like to volunteer for World Vision
Aside from wanting to work with others to overcome poverty, people are inspired to volunteer with World Vision for other reasons:
- Professional service people can represent their company and practise corporate social responsibility, or volunteer as a professional individual
- Students can enjoy meeting other young people and get work experience at the same time
- Those between jobs can make the best of their free time before starting a new job
- Retirees can make good use of years of experience
- Those with spare time can be rewarded with a fulfilling experience.
How to Apply
We have various opportunities to suit. We look for passionate, skilled and committed people and match them to specific volunteering opportunities.
The best way to learn about our current volunteer opportunities at World Vision is to visit our job search page. This is where we advertise all of our current national volunteer opportunities.
This site is updated regularly and we advise you to keep an eye on this site, and apply for any volunteer opportunities you think suitable for yourself.
We will need an application for a specific volunteering opportunity.