Being a genuine part of God’s plan for the poor involves more than just giving and praying, but also learning, listening and responding in action. World Vision works with churches to meaningfully and holistically engage with matters of poverty and justice and to help Christians continue impacting the world for God’s Kingdom.
This is the commitment to mission that is offered through the Vision Church Partnership program.
Imagine your church experiencing a dynamic partnership with one of the world’s poorest communities – sharing joys, sorrows, progress, and standing together as lives are transformed. Vision Church Partnerships offers a wonderful opportunity to:
- Share in the journey of a struggling community for three years or longer
- Support the good news being demonstrated among them, and
- Be supported with tools, programs, events and resources that empower people to engage meaningfully and practically with global issues.
World Vision works across countries and issues. This allows us to connect with an area or issue that relates to your church’s existing passions and interests.
We believe that when your passions connect with the world’s great needs, there is room for transformation – for both the communities you are supporting and for your church.
Church Partnerships: a holistic model of engagement with global issues.
Connect: Shared experience and learning
- Share a journey of transformation with people living in poverty in one of the countries where World Vision works
- Learn from best-practice transformational development
- Engage with communities in developing countries through visits to the field and hosting speakers from the field.
Discover: Informed reflection on the mandate of Jesus
- Share in round-table discussions tackling questions about faith, poverty and justice
- Learn from local and global voices at the leading edge of transformational mission by attending events
- Utilise resources to engage in biblical reflection on global issues.
Share: Generous and sacrificial giving
- Financially resource ministries that transform the lives of children, families and entire communities through programs such as Child Sponsorship and Child Rescue
- Partner with development projects that reflect your passion for change
- Be champions during critical initiatives such as emergency appeals.
Act: Take action as followers of Jesus
- Engage with your own local community groups through initiatives such as Kids Hope Aus
- Apply principles of transformational mission to minister to the poor and marginalised in your local context
- Collaborate with other community groups on local initiatives that benefit those in need.
Stand: Speak the truth in place of power
- Participate in international campaigns that unite millions of voices in a global call for change
- Build local networks that result in improved advocacy for the poor
- Equip and mobilise members to be agents of change in their own circle of influence.
Pray: Keeping aligned with God’s Kingdom in our world
- Engage in corporate and personal reflection that moves people to pray regularly for the poor and transformation of the world
- Remember World Vision and other organisations working with those suffering in situations of extreme poverty and injustice
- Grapple with injustice and emotive issues with God through prayer and practice gaining his perspective on hard realities.