We can all help to end child exploitation by learning more about the issues and taking action on behalf of vulnerable children around the world.
Human trafficking and forced labour are massive issues. And while we may feel powerless, there are many things we can do in our everyday lives to assist the victims of exploitation, whether they be children or adults.
- Support the Don’t Trade Lives campaign to combat human trafficking and slavery.
- Become a World Vision Child Rescue supporter and help protect children from exploitation and abuse.
- Sponsor a child to help create long-term changes in the life of a child, a family, and their entire community.
- Be aware of what you buy and how it gets here - cheap imports may be the result of free, forced labour.
- Ask questions of industry and retailers, and if you don’t get satisfactory answers, keep asking! Make sure they know about their own supply chain, and can attest to practices that maintain human rights and dignity.
- Encourage your workplace to advocate for change in the countries where they work, buy and source products. Dig deep and ensure you are not part of the problem.
The issue may seem hopeless, but World Vision is working around the clock assisting people most at risk. Nothing will be done unless ordinary people take action and join in to be part of the solution.